1/27/09I thoroughly enjoyed Gran Torino. Clint Eastwood gives a classic performance as an over-the-top disgruntled veteran who is content on not trying to get along with anyone, from family members to his next door neighbors. The silver years of his life change after an incident where his prized possession, a black Gran Torino, was attempted to be stolen. I found myself entertained with the majority of this movie, and caught myself laughing and chuckling at what I would consider a very racist laden slurring movie. I believe I was not laughing alone and I just kept saying to myself, "I can't believe I'm laughing at this, but I am." I realize this movie was probably made too late in the career of Eastwood to be considered a classic now, but when we look back at this film years from now, it will probably be ranked up there with a lot of his other gems. I would put this movie in the category of "Not to rush out and see it, but definitely be sure and give it a view."
No comments:
Post a Comment