3/6/09 Went to see Watchmen on opening night, not really knowing anything about the history of the Watchmen and never having read the graphic novel. I will admit that I panicked when I saw that the movie was over two and a half hours long, but I marched forward. Several pluses for Watchmen include not taking too long to get a good knowledge of the background of the story, and didn't take too long to get a pretty good grip of what was going on. Basically you have group of superheroes living amongst regular humans that are having to come back together to solve a murder mystery when one of their own is pushed out a window to his death. I did enjoy the movie very much during the scenes of interaction on earth between the superheroes and humans, however, there were multiple scenes that featured (superhero) Dr. Manhattan discussing various things in a very philisophical manner on futuristic outer planets. These scenes to me were trying a bit to hard to mean something, and while they may have worked for the hardcore Watchmen fans, I really got pretty bored of them after a while. I guess in sum, I should say this: For a film that I probably enjoyed only "so-so," it didn't seem like a film that lasted almost three hours long. Maybe I enjoyed it more than I thought...
No comments:
Post a Comment