
3/16/09
If you are looking for a great Spring blockbuster film to get your movie watching season off to a great start, do NOT go see Knowing. Luckily, I was able to see a sneak showing of this movie, which costs me nothing except my habitual bag of popcorn. I'm one of the few that actually enjoys a lot of Nicholas Cage movies, but this movie just doesn't know what it's doing. Is it Sci-Fi, action, horror, what? It all begins when John Koestler's (Cage) son brings home a time capsule that was buried fifty years ago at his school. In this envelope is a bunch of numbers that indicate past tragedies and predicts future catastrophies. Why it ties in to Cage's family and their particular location are never explained. In fact, a lot is left unexplained which is just as well, or the movie would have lasted longer. Did I mention their are aliens in this movie as well? As the film was letting out you could really feel the confusion and dissapointment throughout the audience. No recommend.
No comments:
Post a Comment