
June 2, 2009
Attended a screening of this movie a few weeks back, and was not disappointed. The Hangover is a funny comedy about a bachelor party road trip to Vegas that goes terribly awry. The guys have some fun the first night they are there, however, once the partying has stopped, they wake up with no memory of what has happened, and no clue of the bachelor's whereabouts. Of course in movie world, the wedding is that next night; panic sets in and the movie begins...While this movie definitely works on some levels; to me, not enough of the main characters had great comedic qualities. I personally think Ed Helms plays a better character in The Office than during this movie. Zach Galifianakis is the obvious star in this film based on his bearish look and lines he is given, and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more from him. I personally think that this film is a notch below the other "new edgy" comedies that have been released over the past couple of years. The majority consensus seems to rate this movie as greatness, however, the jury is still out for me. I need to see the film again. And I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment