Tuesday, August 18, 2009

District 9

8/14/2009
Went to watch District 9 knowing absolutely nothing about what to expect. I heard the buzz, or otherwise, this would have probably been a pass for me. A little confusing in the beginning, this documentary style sci-fi film settles down about thirty or so minutes where we find Wikus Van De Merwe caught between arresting alien prawns and trying to save his own life. I give this movie a high rating based on the uniqueness of the plot, something difficult to find these days, but in the end it most likely a slightly above average sci-fi film. A friend of mine described it best today as a movie caught between being a silly mocking style sci-fi and a serious sci-fi. I'm not going to tell you to rush out and see this one, but if you are looking for a movie that you will enjoy for the uniqueness on a Saturday afternoon, this is the one for you this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment