Sunday, August 23, 2009

Inglourious Bastards

8/23/2009

Attended this film with Dallas Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones on a recent Sunday afternoon. OK, I went to the movie by myself and he with his wife, but nonetheless we were there at the same time. I had the better seat, but I digress. Inglourious Bastards is Queintin Tarantino's ficticious take on a group of renegade soldiers on a mission to kill one-hundred German-Nazi soldiers each. Not as graphic as some of his other films, Tarantino still put together a good cast loaded with great dialogue. While Brad Pitt's over used heavy southern accent was a bit annoying in my opinion, I want to go ahead and give my early Oscar nomination nod to Christopher Waltz for his role as Colonel Hans Landa. He was brilliant and it could probably be argued that he qualifies for leading or supporting role, as this movie is chopped up, much like most of Tarantino's pictures. A very good film, I would defintely recommend a viewing whether at the theater or before the end of the year on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment