
11/19/2008
The Wrestler is a great movie. I was lucky enough to see this movie as a screening audience along with a question and answer session with Marisa Tomei (Cassidy) and Darren Aronofsky (the director). I grew up a huge wrestling fan mostly in the 80's and so I was instantly attracted to this movie. The Wrestler was filmed sort of in a documentary style with a steady cam as you travel almost as if you were Mickey Rourke (Randy "The Ram" Robinson), through the struggling years of a former wrestling superstar. The movie feels extremely realistic and hits the subjects of addiction to fame, the moment, painkillers, broken families, struggling to find love, etc. Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei are both fantastic and when this movie releases in January, I recommend you see it, especially if you had any interest in professional wrestling as a kid now grown...
No comments:
Post a Comment