Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The 2 Bobs



4/2/09

The 2 bobs was the last movie that I saw at the AFI Dallas Film Festival. This was an independent, low budget movie, filmed with borrowed equipment in about twenty (20) days from start to finish. The jist of this film is about two techno-nerds who eventually strike it very rich, though still at very young ages, as computer game programmers. The problem begins when just before the launch of their latest anticipated smash hit, their office gets robbed and all of the original software is stolen. I thought this movie was very funny at times, but felt like the acting was about a C to C minus, throughout. In other words, the scenes and the premise of the scenes were entertaining, I just wasn't entertained by the actors playing the roles. Stick Jonah Hill and Christopher Mintz-Plasse in this film, add a little improvision to the scenes and it might have been gold. As it is, I would have to give it a C plus in comparison to today's hardcore comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment