
4/17/09
Thriller in Manilla is a very good documentary of the events leading up to and the events directly after a boxing match between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier. Once great friends, these two champions split apart after several different events throughout their careers. As a person who was not around as these fighters were in their prime, I really enjoyed the depth of information given to the audience in this film. Consequently, as as a person who was not around as the fighters were in their prime, I have nothing to go on as far as truths and agenda until I do my own research. That being said, this documentary seemed to be very one-sided with regard to Joe Frazier and his camp. The only pro-Ali person interviewed seemed to me, half crazy. Having said that, maybe this was a good representation of the times. It has certainly intrigued me enough to do my own research and find out more about these two fascinating fighters and this historical event that took place in Africa. A certain recommendation.
No comments:
Post a Comment